As many of you may have noticed, Christmas is fast approaching, and of course this means that it was about time for me to do some festive baking. In previous years, I have tried making some mince pies and considering that they turned out rather well, I thought that I would give them another go this year and share the recipe with you all in the process...
200g Plain Flour
40g Golden Caster Sugar
75g Ground Almonds
125g Unsalted Butter
Milk for glazing
1. Firstly, I buttered a cupcake tin, and then placed the flour, sugar, almonds and butter into a bowl and rubbed the ingredients together until they resembled breadcrumbs.
2. I then added an egg to bind the mixture together, before rolling the pastry together into a ball and placing in the fridge for around half an hour to chill.
3. Next, I rolled the pastry out on a floured surface and cut out 12 circles which I placed into the holes of the baking tray. Then, I added a spoonful of mincemeat to each one, before cutting out 12 more circles which I placed on top, pressing down the edges to seal them.
4. Before placing in the oven, I sliced a small cross in the top of each mince pie, and then brushed a small coat of milk on them too. They then went into the oven for around 20 minutes, when they were golden brown in colour.
5. After leaving to cool for a while, all that was left to do was to dust some icing sugar over the mince pies... and then of course, proceeding to eat them!
Hopefully this post got you all in the festive mood, because I know that baking mince pies certainly helped to get me feeling Christmassy...
P.S. You can find a link to the original recipe HERE, however I did slightly alter it.